Friday, May 16, 2008

Super Savings Saturday

This week, I took a stroll down the aisles of a couple of thrift stores looking for some good finds. And, boy howdy, did I find them! The Boy was the lucky recipient this week as I found for him four shirts, a pair of brand-spankin'-new shoes and a few toys.

Four shirts all in excellent condition from Goodwill for $2.46 using a $5 off coupon. The shoes are from Savers: $2.99. They are brand-new! I can't see, for the life of me, any indication that they were worn at all! They are a Walmart brand that I have priced before. Walmart sells this type of shoe for around $13.00! Yeah, baby!
I found the above plus a few other toys at Savers this week, also. I have a Weebit of a Weebles addiction and find it hard to pass up a village piece. I found this one for $2.99. It just needed a little cleaning which I am well-versed in (well, except for my house). I also found the Thomas the Train mountain for $2.99 as well. I think everyone knows how much the Thomas stuff goes for. It ain't cheap! However, take note: one should make sure that what they buy is actually compatible with the train set they already own at home. Eh-hem! Someone (not saying that it was me, but she may have looked like me) wasn't paying attention so someone will be putting this in her garage sale next Saturday hoping to get her money back. Lesson learned.

Hey, you know what? You can find a lot more great posts about some great savings over at MoneySavingMom.com . Whaddya waitin' for?

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

I didn't know Goodwill had coupons. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Good deals, Good deals! I went to Goodwill last week and found some great cheap things too. I normally go to the local consignment store, but it's not very cheap. Sometimes $8 for a shirt...
I was very pleased to walk out of Goodwill with a large bag for $32.

P.S.
I also (ahem), dislike the way Thomas the train sets vary in size according to the wooden or metallic trains. Not very user friendly! Good luck at reselling.

Anonymous said...

Great deals! I saw you commented on my page, so I stopped over to comment on yours! I love thrift stores. I'll add you to my link list!