Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy Tip Tuesday

***********************


My Mommy Tip this week is of the "what NOT to do" sort. Scroll down a little and you will see my experience in this matter first hand.

I'm always interested in buying London artsy-craftsy things. I love encouraging her imagination and creativity. I would encourage all parents to do so with their kids. However, I would add to that encouragement a word on restraint and "age appropriate" art supplies.

For example:

I don't have anything against washable markers, per se. It's just that just because they are washable doesn't mean I want to wash marker off of stuff. Particularly my toddler:

Repeatedly. Yes, I said repeatedly because strangely enough I couldn't figure out the first 5-6 times that I put them in London's chubby little hands that she would keep putting them in her sweet little mouth!

But I finally learned and the washable markers went "bye-bye" at least until one of us can figure out how to use them properly. They'll be back, I'm sure. And when they are I may just allow London to use them to fill out her college applications.

Do you have a Mommy Tip you'd like to share? Please blog about it and then add your name and URL to the Mr. Linky below. Be sure to link back to me so your readers know where to find Mommy Tip Tuesday and join in on the fun!

2 comments:

mother of seven said...

Ok I am a true blonde!!!! I have screwed up two weeks in a row.
Amanda you will love these....Funny how I picked these.... i never liked washable markers much. Crayola lies on the washable part....:)

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

I had to laugh at the pic! I've had to wash faces like this many times!

Wait until your child chews a washable black crayon! Talk about a mess!!!