Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Year's Resolutions: Update.

I thought I'd give a little update on my New Year's Resolutions. I actually resolved to do this the first of every month but, as you can see by today's date, that one went out the wind-ah. But just in case you are interested:

New Year's Resolution #1:

Thou shalt not bringeth any new items into thine household for a period no shorter than six months.

Well, as you can see here and here and, oh yeah, here that this one didn't quite pan out as planned. I like to reason that I didn't buy anything unreasonable and nothing for the house. I also like to reason that the new clothes for the kids were balanced out by the ones I got rid of (and continue to get rid of) that no longer fit. Same with the toys for London. I go through her playroom just about every 3 mos and purge the no longer played with (read: noisy and messy) toys. Not to mention the incredible deals I got on everything!

I also like to reason that the chocolate fountain and cookie cutters are an absolute necessity in any household and what kind of a mother/wife/woman/sugar-addict would I be if I didn't have these at the ready? I mean, really, let's all come to our senses here on this one! Okay? Good.

I did, however, squash one big bug! That ought to even out the whole chocolate fountain/cookie cutter controversy, wouldn't you say?

New Year's Resolution #2

Thou shalt get your act together!

I wrote that my days are pretty much willy-nilly, wishy-washy, hokey-pokey and la de da. Well, I can say that, with all honesty, I have completely and totally done away with the hokey-pokey. What was that all about anyway? As for the rest? Well...

phhffffftttttthh!!!

There is nothing even remotely close to a routine here unless you count the fact that sure as the sun will rise, so will Kirby - before the sun actually rises, however. This I am not fond of. I can tell you that I've become quite skilled at hurling toys from a horizontal position across the room for a 3-pointer right into his crib. Sometimes, without even removing my head from under the pillow. Put THAT on your list for next year!

New Year's Resolution #3

Thou shalt open thy doors and bringeth in friends for good, good times!

Whaaaat?! You haven't received your invitation yet? No, that just couldn't be! Surely, I sent it out or...er...emailed you or...uh...called, maybe? No?

Okay, ya got me! So I haven't exactly invited anyone over yet. Does it count that I've entertained out-of-state relatives twice so far this year and threw a birthday party for my sweet boy? What about babysitters? Do they count? After all, they did eat my food and watch my TV. Surely, that must count for something! What about the boy who came to my door selling candybars? Okay, he didn't actually come inside but I did tell him a joke - in some countries that's consider entertaining. Really!

Alright! Alright! Tomorrow I'm calling someone, I swear!

Well, that's all the updates I have. What about you? Did you resolve to change anything this year? How are you doing so far? I'd like to hear from you. As for me, I'm still very much a work in progress and probably will be until the good Lord brings me home. As for now, I think I'll just go back to my willy-nilly'ing and call it a day!

2 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I didn't make any new years resolutions so I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job sticking to them!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I tried the whole organization c*#p for a couple of weeks, and then it all fell apart. I must say that I gasped aloud when I read the part about not bringing anything new into the house for 6 months, so I'm feeling a little good about that one not making it. As for the guests, I'm on the same front as you. Think it would be great, but never get around to it.
I'll be by on Monday for some Joyce Meyer!