Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ode to Counter Clutter

Oh, my counter, counter clutter
You are the bane of my existence.
How you remain in my life,
Despite my persistence.
To clean you up, clear you off.
To put everything away.
To keep you free from debris
Each and every day.
A paper here, a notice there.
Pens, cell phones and mail.
My notebook and “things to do”
And always without fail
There’s the miscellaneous things.
Things seemingly without home
That pile up and multiply
“Stuff” never wants to be alone.
And there you sit, upon my counter
Looking like a smug ol’ bore.
Oh, you may win a few battles
But, you can bet, I’ll win the WAR!
So take your rest, sweet disarray
But take heed to my warning:
Though we both sleep well tonight,
We’ll fight again in the morning.

1 comment:

Addicted to crafting said...

found you through nm.net, just wanted to say hello!