Saturday, November 10, 2007

A New Day, a New Beginning.

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." ~ Matthew 3:11

Sunday I will be baptized! Though I was, technically, baptized as a baby, that was not my choice. How a baby can decide to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior is beyond me but I understand why my parents did it. They were only trying to secure my salvation so, by no means, do I hold their decision against them. I certainly appreciate the intention.

But this time around, it's a decision I make, on my own and for myself, without hesitation but at the same time, without flippancy. I want to declare to the world that I belong to God - a child of His very own. That He is my Father in heaven and His Son is in my heart and that I belong to a family tree whose branches reach all corners of the earth.

Please, think of me tomorrow morning as I take one giant leap forward in my sometimes difficult, yet still beautiful, walk with Christ.

God be with you, as well.

1 comment:

Jonathan Storment said...

I don't know you, but congratulations on your decision to get baptized! It's a great experience. May it be something you never forget!